Unity in Community!

Unity in Community

by 6th Grade

For the students at Saint Isaac Jogues, unity in community is based upon working together, and as Hannah puts it, a community that, “supports each other in good.” The students note that a good community is, “being like a family” and being brought together by kindness. Community life at Saint Isaac Jogues has been experienced by the students as very welcoming and inclusive. Brianna says that, “every day when I walk into school, I experience community when Sister Catherine Marie says, “Hi” to me at the door or when I walk into my classroom and my best friend is waiting for me at the door.” Mattalyn says that when Covid was happening, everybody stayed together during the rough times, and even through rough times, Saint Isaac Jogues found a way for us to do fun stuff.”

While reflecting on ways to grow in community life, students suggested things like promoting group activities, and getting all the more students involved in them. Overall, the aim of the student’s community life at Saint Isaac Jogues is highly motivated by working together to achieve the common good of all.